I've got quite a few of Bestiarum's busts printed out - they make some incredible miniatures and I love the look and lore behind them all. This is the first thing I've painted in a while and I'm pretty happy with how it came out. For reference, here is their original (non-bust version. I printed the bust):
I stayed pretty faithful to their colour scheme and look. Technique wise it was a quick primer and then blocking out the base colours with the airbrush. Then I went in and detailed everything with a brush before giving it a generous coating of flesh, black and 'blood' washes to grime it up a little. Finally added some drybrushed highlights on top of the grungy, washed up model before coating it in Mr Hobby clear matte and some satin varnish for the skin.
The base was a quick airbrush, wash and drybrush and then I promptly glued my fingers together while trying to attach the base to the model itself.
Here are some promo-style-shots:
Here are some WIP shots:
Definitely enjoyed doing this one and looking forward to painting some more - I'll share what I get done here.
I'm Blake and I like to tinker with things and make stuff. When I'm not programming or developing random systems, I'm playing with electronics, doodling bits of art, 3D modelling or sculpting and painting things or nerding out watching sci-fi or horror TV.
From 2001 I worked in the games industry, eventually specialising in tools to aid in the development of video games and their engines. In 2011 I left the industry and teamed up with a few other talented composers to utilise my knowledge to help build the company 'Spitfire Audio'.
I also periodically compose soundtracks for video-games and have worked on titles such as The Stanley Parable and Portal Knights. You've probably also heard my music in random TV commercials at some point.
I use various bits and bobs to craft my shiz.